Head of Marketing and Communications (maternity cover), Watts Gallery TrustLocation:Compton, Guildford, Surrey Salary:£36,000 - £40,000 Main duties:
• Implement the marketing & communications strategy.
• Support the Head of Trading, Head of Learning & Public Programing, Head of Operations and Head of
Development to effectively market new and existing income streams to ensure footfall and revenue targets
are met or exceeded.
• Continue the success of the digital & social media strategy, extending reach and raising awareness amongst
• Develop, manage and ensure consistent implementation of the Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village brand.
• Work effectively as a member of the Senior Management Team to push forwards the future development of
the Artists’ Village.
• Lead design and content development.
• Analyse monthly metrics and research to provide evidence-based improvements to communications and
• Manage a marketing budget of over £100,000.
• Lead and manage the marketing team.
Watts Gallery Trust, a registered charity, is seeking to recruit a Head of Marketing & Communications during an exciting time of change for a fixed term period on a maternity cover basis. This role will continue to grow visitors to the Artists’ Village through the marketing of key exhibitions and events, the Learning and Outreach programme, the creation and distribution of publications such as the Watts On, Watts Magazine, engagement with the collection, site history and architecture, and the unveiling of G F Watts’s monumental sculpture Physical Energy as a notable piece of public art in the South East. The position will also play a key role in supporting the Watts Contemporary Gallery, Tea Shop and Shop in achieving an increase in trading activity and in assisting the Development team with campaign planning, all of which are pivotal to the future success of the Artists’ Village in Compton. The Head of Marketing & Communications is responsible for and line manages the Marketing Strategist (0.2 FTE), Marketing Officer (1.0 FTE) and Marketing Assistant (1.0 FTE).Full details [external link]