Head of DevelopmentLocation:Chichester, West Sussex Salary:£45-55,000 Benefits:Benefits Holiday Allowance • 25 days basic holiday allowance • Extra day off each year to celebrate a birthday or other occasion Pension • Auto Enrolment scheme. Currently a 3% contribution from Pallant House Gallery Travel Support • Interest free loan scheme for annual season tickets for trains • Interest free loan for annual car park permits Wellbeing Package Discounts and free offers • 20% discount in the Pallant House Gallery Restaurant and Café (excluding Saturday) • 10% discount in Pallant House Gallery Bookshop • Free admission tickets to the Gallery for family and friends • Free tickets to Gallery talks • Free copies of the lead exhibition catalogues and Gallery Magazine • Free Curator’s Art Pass through the Art Fund. Health & Wellbeing • Fresh organic fruit provided weekly in the staff room • Annual flu jab • Free sanitary products • Offer of health and wellbeing related counselling (up to six sessions, subject to the confirmation of the session rate) for staff on request from your line manager Please note that the wellbeing package is not contractual and may be subject to change. Main duties:
- Develop, drive and manage the overall fundraising strategy for the Gallery.
- Leading on and establishing a fundraising strategy that incorporates individuals, major gifts, Trusts and Foundations, statutory bodies and corporates, contributing to the overall strategic plan for the Gallery as a whole.
- Ensuring that the Gallery’s case for support is well-articulated, well-established and embedded within the future strategic plan.
- Working successfully with the Senior Management Team, Board of Trustees and Development Committee in the development of a fundraising narrative which resonates with the Gallery.
- Inspire and manage the Development Team and set measurable objectives for the team for the year ahead.
- Ensuring that the fundraising work of the Gallery is fully compliant with up-to-date statutory policies and practices within the fundraising sector.
- Maintain the highest level of donor care across all areas of income and lead the organisation in this pursuit.
- Manage the Board of Trustees and Senior Management Team’s relationships with supporters, ensuring that they are fully informed and briefed and their time is used effectively.
- Build strong, personal relationships with supporters.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with the Senior Management Team and keep them informed of all fundraising initiatives.
- Develop relationships with all departments in order to further the Gallery’s development activities.
- Work with the Development Committee and ensure it is utilised effectively.
- Embrace the Gallery’s values and be fully committed to delivering its vision.
- Being an established member of the Senior Management Team, understanding the full range of the Gallery’s activities and being recognised as a knowledgeable, team member.
- Support the ongoing evaluation of the Gallery’s work.
Responsibilities as a Manager
- Assess the needs of the Development Department in fulfilling its function
- Provide information, advocacy, advice, support, guidance, instruction and training to ensure relevant staff maximise their potential and their input to the Gallery.
- Liaise with other Managers to ensure the smooth running of the Gallery and the maximising of its potential.
- Follow the Gallery guidelines and procedures for determining, monitoring and accounting for departmental budgets.
Pallant House Gallery is a leading UK museum that stimulates new ways of thinking about art. We explore new perspectives on British art from 1900 to now through an ambitious programme of exhibitions and creative opportunities for all. We invite people from all walks of life to explore our world class collection in a distinctive setting in the heart of Chichester.
The Head of Development is responsible for the delivery of a sustainable fundraising programme supporting the mission of the Gallery. Developing the annual gifts, pledges, bequests and legacies from individuals, major donors, corporates, trust and foundations as well as statutory bodies.
The Head of Development will work closely with the Director, Board of Trustees and Development Committee to enable the Gallery to secure the necessary funds for the new Capital Project, which is currently at RIBA stage 1.
They will be a critical part of the Senior Management Team, supporting the Director in the production and delivery of the Forward Plan and Annual Reports.Full details [external link]