Head of Development, The LightboxLocation:The Lightbox Gallery and Museum Salary:£32 - £37k FTE to be ro-rata to 4 days per week, 30 hours. Main duties:
- To set and agree the fundraising strategy and departmental budgets – working to achieve or exceed the organisations fundraising targets.
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with donors and prospects through promoting the organisation’s charitable work and creating bespoke strategies for each to persuade them that The Lightbox charity is one they should support.
- To lead on the creation and communication of new fundraising initiatives to a diverse range of external and internal stakeholders.
- To manage the day to day financial management for the Development Team including maintaining targets, reporting and forecasting.
- To devise and deliver events aimed at raising funds and identifying new supporters.
- To input to guest lists for press nights and other special events ensuring opportunities to engage major donors and prospects are maximised.
- Maintain accurate records for all prospects and to record donor gifts using our system, Raisers Edge NXT.
- To devise and implement a strategy for the acquisition and retention of The Lightbox’s membership scheme.
- To oversee the preparation of high quality, targeted and compelling fundraising materials, including letters, proposals, presentations and updates.
- Review the monthly performance figures on a quarterly basis to ensure budget targets delivered. Deliver monthly departmental summary reports for Trustees.
- Stay up to date and comply with sector best practice and act with integrity.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures and code of conduct, to protect people and The Lightbox’s reputation, including in relation to Health and Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR.
- Contribute to the vision for the organisation and strategic and operational planning.
- To develop effective relationships with all members of the management team and Trustees and support their roles.
- Attend regular Senior Management Team meetings, Board meetings and programming meetings.
The Lightbox, an award-winning gallery and museum situated in Woking, Surrey is looking for an experienced and proactive individual with a proven track record to become the Head of Development. The Lightbox has a small team of staff members and a large team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers.
The post will have a particular responsibility for raising funds from new and existing Corporate Partners, as well as targeting and developing HNWI prospects and engaging them in the charitable endeavours of the organisation.
The role will also oversee an established and successful membership scheme where you will be responsible for developing the membership strategy to drive retention and acquisition. The department is supported with a part-time Development and Membership Assistant who manages the day-to-day administration of the department and fulfilment of the membership scheme. Trust and Statutory funding applications are managed by an external fundraiser who works to The Director.Full details [external link]