General Manager, National Museum of the Royal NavyLocation:Portsmouth Salary:£31,000-£35,000 Interview date:16/09/2019 Closing date:30/08/2019 Job Description:
General Manager at the National Museum of the Royal Navy
(12 month fixed term maternity cover)
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an individual who is currently employed within a management role to gain additional experience and knowledge of working in a multi stakeholder environment, leading and empowering large teams and delivering commercial sustainability.
Applicants must have previous experience of working in a management position due to the size and scope of this role/level of responsibility. An ability to prioritise tasks, effectively delegate and communicate (both verbal and written) is essential. The applicant must be able to demonstrate a passion for excellent visitor care, an understanding of commercial operations and an eye on strategy as well as being a team player.
Applicants must have knowledge of health and safety requirements and a willingness to learn more.
• Ensure all visitors are delighted and connect with our compelling stories across the Visitor centre, NMRN Portsmouth, HMS Victory, M.33, Action Stations, HMS Warrior, Horrible Histories- Pirates, Dockyard Alive and the open spaces.
• Support and empower the operational team to deliver our strategic aims including driving commercial performance across the site.
• Manage complex budgets.
• Key Health and Safety role to ensure teams deliver safe working environments for staff, volunteers, visitors, wider business partners, etc.
• Liaise with our wider business partners across the PHD site to ensure strategy, policy and communications are maintained.
• Work closely with Business Development Managers, General Managers, Operations Manager and the Visitor Engagement Manager with the ability to make a difference to the visitor experience.
• Further develop management and leadership skills with support from the Head of Commercial Operations and the HR team.
• Develop project management and budget management skills.
• Lead cross-directorate team meetings and gain experience of partner relationships.