Fundraising Development Manager – Maternity Cover – 3 days per weekLocation:New Forest Heritage Centre, Lyndhurst Salary:c. £30,000 pro rata Benefits:3 days per week, flexible with home working available. Main duties:
• Encourage community participation in achieving goals by developing close and productive relationships with stakeholders.
• Lead and manage the Fundraising activities of the Centre.
• Work with Trustees, staff and volunteers to share Fundraising skills and enable everyone to play an active role in implementing the Fundraising strategy.
• Act as interface with external consultants, advisors and partners on Fundraising matters.
• Recruit and support Fundraising advocates, ensuring they have the information and direction needed to make introductions and help cultivate potential donors.
• Lead on income forecasting and reviewing of the strategies to meet agreed income targets. Key areas of income generation include Trusts and Grants, Corporate, Legacies, Sponsorship, Legacies, Community and general donations.
Research and cultivation
• Use a broad range of research tools, including published and online sources of information, to identify potential supporters of the Centre, including individuals, grant-making trusts and companies.
• Identify new and stable income streams bringing financial stability to the Centre through careful planning of tried and tested Fundraising techniques and as such ensure accurate forecasting.
• Work closely with the community, researching potential opportunities and building up strong, positive, long term relationships with key opinion formers, stakeholders and potential funders.
• Arrange cultivation events and manage cultivation activities at museum events.
• Prepare applications and proposals for funders, follow up and negotiate as appropriate.
• Develop predictable income streams that are proven and stable, allowing a platform for future growth and stability for the Centre.
• Ensure the organisation meets all regulatory requirements in relation to Fundraising to include the Fundraising code of practice, Fundraising preference service, the Fundraising regulator and any other relevant bodies.
• Ensure the organisation complies with legislation and best practice in Charity Fundraising.
• Develop and implement stewardship plans for all donors including preparing appropriate communications.
• Secure trustee and staff support in stewarding donors appropriately.
• Arrange an annual event for supporters and to encourage further engagement of the wider community.
• Ensure all donors are acknowledged appropriately and as agreed.
• Maintain all donor information on a CRM system.
• Be conversant with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and ensure compliance in safeguarding confidential information.
• Be responsible for ensuring that all income generating policies and procedures are appropriate and up to date to ensure compliance with the Centre’s policies and procedures at all times.
• Contribute to the effective working relationships with all personnel. In particular ensure that Fundraising has strong work relations with PR & Marketing.
• Produce appropriate Fundraising materials.
• Act with a sense of integrity and sound judgement and take personal responsibility for understanding and following all relevant financial policies.
• Ensure that all Gift Aid records and supporting documentation are maintained in an appropriate manner.
• Ensure the Centre conforms with any national Fundraising standards and only undertakes activities which will not bring the organisation into disrepute.
• Agreeing realistic short and medium term Fundraising targets and providing analysis and reporting on Fundraising progress.
• Maintain on-line giving systems
• Ensure the website Fundraising pages are up to date and used as effectively as possible.
To produce, implement, monitor and report on all Fundraising activity to ensure the necessary Fundraising targets for the New Forest Heritage Centre are achieved with emphasis placed on trusts and events.
To continue to implement the organisation’s strategy for income generation, working closely with the Trustees and staff to identify other Fundraising opportunities.
To be the public face of the organisation in Fundraising related matters.Full details [external link]