Fundraising Co-ordinator, The Gurkha MuseumLocation:Winchester Salary:£22,000-£24,000 Main duties:
- Assist the Head of Fundraising with all fundraising activities undertaken by the Museum including trusts and grants, corporate, legacy and membership/individual giving.
- Co-ordinate the Museum’s trading activities taking the lead on sourcing, ordering and pricing stock, banking income and reporting against and analysing income targets.
- Co-ordinate the Museum’s shop and trading volunteers, having particular responsibility for the busy Christmas sales period throughout September – December.
- Work with the Administration Assistant to ensure the organised running of Museum events and visits, ensuring staff are kept well informed and visitors looked after to the highest standard.
- Work with the Administration Assistant to facilitate the private room hire at the Museum, ensuring function sheets are kept up to date and staff and guests are communicated with to a high standard.
- Assist the Head of Fundraising with all aspects of the marketing strategy for the Museum.
- Take responsibility for the Museum’s social media channel for Marketing and Fundraising, working closely with members of the senior management team to create content, schedule posts and analyse data across all channels.
- Support the Museum’s events and other fundraising activities by liaising with the press, sending out news releases and making contacts with local media outlets.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising and other members of the Senior Management Team to create marketing materials for the Museum including leaflets, education activities and special event materials.
- Work with other members of the team to keep the website up to date on Marketing and Fundraising content, paying particular attention to the events listing and shop pages.
- Utilise the CRM database to aid the development of the Museum’s fundraising and marketing strategies. Ensure the database is kept up to date and maintained.
- To provide administrative support to the Head of Fundraising
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Ability to deal with tight and changing deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time effectively
- Team-building and collaboration skills
- Strong presentational skills
- Willingness to travel and work flexibly
- Full Driving License
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- To be able to take feedback constructively, taking positive action
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in the Charity or Museums sector in a fundraising and/or marketing role
- Significant experience in developing income streams that are appropriate to The Gurkha Museum including Corporate and Major Donors and Individual Giving
- Have experience of delivering against fundraising targets through the design and management of a range of fundraising initiatives
- Experience of using social media and other digital channels for both fundraising and marketing campaigns
- Good relationship management
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage sensitively both regular and occasional volunteers.
- High levels of motivation and self-management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Good presentation skills one-to-one, group work and in writing
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, including staff, volunteers, Trustees, partner organisations, the armed forces, funding agencies, local authorities and others
- Operational knowledge of Sage and Quantum Accounting Software, Donor Databases and application of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to produce clear, concise reports
- Ability to work with a multi-functional team, sharing resources to maximise impact
- Flexibility over working hours and arrangements as may be reasonably required.
To apply please send a one page covering letter and CV to email@example.com . Closing date for applications is Wednesday 4th December 12pm.
Preliminary date for interviews is Tuesday 17th December.
Interview date:17/12/2019 Closing date:04/12/2019 Job Description:
The Gurkha Museum is a national and international focus for Gurkha Heritage. The Museum intends to develop a proactive Fundraising and Marketing Programme: to raise public awareness of the Museum and its responsibilities for Gurkha Heritage and to raise funds in support of the Museum’s activities and their further development. The new role will work closely with the Head of Fundraising and Marketing and assist in the day to day income generation activities for the Museum, inputting into the success of the fundraising and marketing strategies. We are looking for a self-starter who takes a proactive approach to their job, being able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and use one’s initiative whilst maintaining a good working relationship with the Head of Fundraising and other members of the Museum team.