Executive Director, Festival of ThriftSalary:£27 - 30K pa pro rata 3 days per week Interview date:14/12/2020 Closing date:09/12/2020 Job Description:
Part time fixed term for initial one year, future subject to fundraising
Festival of Thrift CIC has a mission to “ carry out activities to benefit the community and to advance public awareness of sustainable living through Festivals, exhibitions and other activities”.
Every penny we raise goes back into organising these activities and increasing the number of people we can engage with.
The first Festival took place in 2013 at Lingfield Point in Darlington making a big impact regionally and nationally, with 27,000 visitors thronging the site. By 2015, 35,000 visitors were pouring through the gates to celebrate all things sustainable and in 2016, the Festival moved location to the beautiful Kirkleatham Museum & Grounds in
Redcar where over 35,000 people now attend annually to be entertained, inspired and educated about how to live thriftily and sustainably in style.
We have won a multitude of awards including Best Event Teesside , Gold at North East Tourism Event of the Year and the Observer Ethical Awards for Arts and Culture, recognising the fact that artists are embedded in the programme as agents for social change. The aims of the Festival are to:
- Promote the concept of sustainable living and be a voice for sustainable issues, globally and locally.
- Build a unique and distinctive, fun and sustainable national event, drawing positive media attention to Redcar & the Tees Valley.
- Share the skills of artists and craftspeople, professional and amateur, to inspire people of all ages to learn old ways and find new ways to be creative in their everyday lives.
- Ensure wider economic benefit through encouraging visitor spend on travel, accommodation, restaurants & related businesses.
- Contribute to community cohesion through wide engagement in our programme, volunteering and participation.
- Celebrate the heritage and contribute to the future prosperity of Redcar & and its business and industry.
Please email Stella@festivalofthrift.co.uk if you would like an informal conversation prior to submitting your application.
Please apply with a covering letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the role, together with a current CV and the names of two referees. These will only be approached with your permission once shortlisted.
Festival of Thrift is committed to ensuring our workforce is reflective of the UK’s diverse cultural population and is therefore committed to increasing representation of staff of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds across all roles and at all levels. It’s important that our team reflect the communities we work with and in.
If you are disabled and your application meets the minimum criteria for the post, we guarantee you an interview.
Please send applications to email@example.com by 9am Wednesday December 9th.
Interviews will be held, most likely online, in the week beginning Monday December 14th.