Engagement Officer, Dover District CouncilReference No.DDC0250 Location:Dover, Kent Salary:Grade H £27,993 (£22,697.02 pro-rated) Benefits:Pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum. Interview date:30/04/2021 Closing date:19/04/2021 Job Description:
With the announcement last year of the £4.2m grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund – and match-funding bringing the total to £9m – we are looking for an enthusiastic person to deliver the Activity Plan for the ‘Maison Dieu: Reawakening a Gothic Fantasy’ funded project.
With knowledge or experience working with local communities and the heritage sector you will manage and deliver our exciting engagement programme. This is a part-time role is initially funded by the NLHF grant and then by DDC and requires fresh and creative thinking and the ability to engage with a wide range of local stakeholders, local residents and community groups.
The activity plan was designed with the community and has a strong economic development and skills focus. Delivery of this plan forms a key part of bringing the building back to the heart of the community and aiding the regeneration of Dover.
The role will suit you if you are keen to deliver an exceptional engagement programme in the heritage sector and you are a good team player who is approachable and able to manage complex projects.
- Must have an excellent standard of English and communication skills, with GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Knowledge of the heritage sector, working with local communities and Lottery funded projects is desirable
- A degree level qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent relevant experience is required
- 30 hours per week (0.8 FTE), specific times to be agreed.
- Based at the Maison Dieu, Dover and Dover District Council Offices, Whitfield with some potential for home working. There may be occasions when off site working is required.
- Grade H £27,993 (£22,697.02 pro-rated) plus pension, annual leave and sick leave – all above statutory minimum.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Kate Pinnock on 0797 436 3991
Interviews to be held 30th April 2021.Full details [external link]