Education and Learning Trustee, Soldiers of Oxfordshire TrustReference No.SOFO1 Location:Woodstock Salary:Volunteer Benefits:Being part of a modern military museum Volunteering with like minded individuals Opportunity to have real impact on the next stage of our development Main duties:
Education and Learning Trustee
Specific Duties include:
· Support the Museum Director and staff in strategically planning the role and direction of the education and learning department in keeping with the museum’s ethos.
· Liaise with schools, colleges and teachers to understand the curricula and explore the links between the Museum’s capacity and capability to meet or assist the schools in meeting the requirements of the curriculum and to promote the use of the collections and activities of the museum in line with the national curriculum.
· Support the museum team to launch new initiatives such as working with new communities
· Offer advice to the museum staff to develop and market the museum and the learning events programme
· Represent and promote the museum in order to establish a network of useful and productive partnerships.
· Attend Board meetings.
Number of meetings per annum/time commitment:
Board meetings are currently held bi-monthly but these will be quarterly once recruitment is completed.
Meetings: Virtual for the foreseeable future.
To find out more contact the Museum Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
View https://www.gov.uk/topic/running-charity/trustee-role-board for more information about the expectations of being a charity trustee.
To apply send a CV and Covering Letter stating your suitability for the role to email@example.com. Closing date 25th June 2021.
Interview date:06/07/2021 Closing date:25/06/2021 Job Description:
The museum is the only military museum in the county and has a small dedicated team of staff and volunteers. The Trust are currently recruiting new Board members to oversee the next stage of our development.