Digital Officer, The Gurkha MuseumLocation:Winchester, Hampshire Salary:up to £24,000 Main duties:
- Assist the Head of Fundraising and Marketing to develop and grow the Museum’s online presence across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube in line with the social media strategy
- Working with the Museum’s management team to develop creative and innovative new ways of using the museum collection online to engage audiences
- To write and edit content for the website and social media
- To produce graphics, imagery and video content for the Museum’s digital channels
- To support the management team to programme events and campaigns online
- Work with the Head of Fundraising and Marketing to evaluate success of campaigns using Google Analytics and other analytics tools
- Responding to posts, engagements and enquiries on the Museum’s social media channels
- Assist the Head of Fundraising with all aspects of the marketing strategy for the Museum
- Monitoring developments in digital engagement technology, new tools and approaches, to increase digital engagement
- Work with the Head of Fundraising and other members of the Senior Management Team to create marketing materials for the Museum including leaflets, education activities and special event materials
- Utilise the CRM database to aid the development of the Museum’s fundraising and marketing strategies. Ensure the database is kept up to date and maintained.
Interview date:04/05/2021 Closing date:18/04/2021 Job Description:
The Digital Officer will have day to day responsibility for the Museum’s online presence and digital innovation. The post-holder will be working to interpret the collection in new and innovative ways, sharing stories from the archives using a variety of platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and the Museum website. The Museum has recently initiated a series of podcasts and online lectures, which the post-holder will be expected to develop and grow. This new role will require a self-starter who takes a proactive approach to their job, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and use their own initiative whilst maintaining a good working relationship with members of the whole Museum team.
About The Gurkha Museum
Gurkhas have loyally served this country for over 200 years. The Gurkha Museum ensures the future of Gurkha Heritage by celebrating, honouring and promoting the history and culture of the Gurkha Soldier and their continuing service to Britain. Through its collections and archives The Gurkha Museum represents over 200 years of a unique and historic relationship, one that continues to this day, with the annual recruitment of Gurkhas from Nepal continuing to be vital for Britain’s Armed Forces.
The Gurkha Museum Trust is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Registration No 1169920). The Museum is located in Peninsula Square, Winchester in Hampshire along with five other military museums. It is open throughout the year and receives about 12,000 visitors annually. In addition to the permanent exhibition, reserve collection and archive, the Museum is fully engaged with education and outreach programmes, lectures, events and with trading, and other commercial activities that support its mission.Full details [external link]