Digital Engagement Professional (freelance), Eastleigh MuseumLocation:Eastleigh Salary:total fee £1,500 Main duties:
How to Respond
Please submit an application, expressing your suitability for the brief, to be no longer than 2 x A4, along with your CV. Please outline a daily rate that you will apply to the payment available.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Evidence of developing successful engagement programmes and strategies
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders and with a younger audience in particular, within a digital context, preferably, arts, museums or heritage based
- Value for moneyApplications to email@example.com by 20th December 2020, 10am.
Eastleigh Museum is are looking for a vibrant, enthusiastic and engaging digital engagement professional with a good understanding of working with young people, as part of the Industrious Minds project.
- Organise and deliver 6 digital sessions aimed at providing the project’s young people with a better understanding of how digital can be used positively. The sessions will focus on conveying the project’s key messages and stories related to Eastleigh industrial heritage as well as developing an understanding on how it can make information accessible to those with additional needs.
- At the end of the sessions,
– young people will have a better understanding of the importance of selecting the right stories and information to be included in museum interpretation, thinking about the different kind of people that live in their community as well as wider audiences.
– Young people will gain new skills in digital technologies and digital interpretation as well as have increased empathy towards peers and the wider audience. The Digital Engagement Professional will be inspirational and instrumental in this development.
As well as the facilitated sessions, the facilitator should offer opportunities for the young people to seek support and guidance if needed through zoom/email/phone contact.