Digital Engagement Officer, Bletchley Park TrustLocation: Milton Keynes Salary:£21,000 to £23,000 dependent on skills and experience Benefits:33 days leave, including statutory holidays Company pension scheme Death-in-service Healthcare cash-plan. Main duties:
- Produce and implement a social media strategy and editorial schedule, using meaningful content and conversation to drive growth and engagement across our digital channels.
- Create and deliver digital content for different audiences in line with wider communications strategy. Including website content, social media, digital marketing, email newsletters and online events.
- Commission and produce in-house online events, using existing and future digital channels, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to organise and deliver a range of digital events for different audiences.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop website content, in line with house style, for different audiences.
- Foster good internal relationships to harness valuable expertise across the organisation and encourage fast turnarounds on content with a news hook or contemporary focus.
- Develop and execute per-exhibition and per-project social media plans, ensuring content and messaging is in line with wider communications strategy.
- Manage social media channels day-to-day and commission or create a dynamic and representative content offer in a range of media (video, audio, written, image, etc).
- Work closely with the Design and Creative Manager to develop and commission content for our online channels in line with our corporate messaging and brand.
- Lead on social media and digital content reporting; develop how we track and report progress against our commercial and brand objectives.
- Provide basic social media photography and content training to relevant departments to encourage ideation and content creation, as well as embedding good digital practice across the organisation.
- Keep up to date on new tools and digital trends and recommending new initiatives to keep us at the forefront of digital engagement opportunities
Closing date:14/06/2021 Job Description:
Job title: Digital Engagement Officer
Department: Public Engagement
Reporting to: Media and Publications Manager
Reporting staff/volunteers: None
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
The Digital Engagement Officer is a new post created to shape and drive forward our digital presence to engage with a variety of audiences, ensuring the right tone of voice, brand, look, feel and messaging. Working closely with colleagues in Communications and other teams, the Digital Engagement Officer proactively develops content and presents it in an engaging way across our existing and future digital channels.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience managing social media and/or digital content, agency-side or in-house.
- Good knowledge of digital systems and tools, and digital events platforms, including zoom.
- Good knowledge of social media tools, trends and technologies.
- Excellent editorial/writing skills; ability to create engaging social media and web content for our brand and audiences.
- Photo-editing and multimedia experience; edit images in Photoshop, make gifs and ideally carry out basic video edits.
- Some experience leading and commissioning others in content creation (this role does not involve line management but would require you to manage and co-ordinate digital content produced across the organisation).
- Analytics experience; able to use social media reporting and Google Analytics quickly to show the impact of different content and social activity.
- Strong project management skills, managing internal and external team members and stakeholders. Able to manage multiple concurrent projects to deliver on objectives within timeline and process.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, presentation and written. Ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Some crisis and issues management experience.
- Outstanding time management skills; ability to independently manage and prioritise multiple projects and deadlines.
- Passionate user and advocate of social media; ability to make real connections with users, inspire the team and our wider colleagues.
- Data-driven approach: always focused on impact, and fluidly making changes to implement learnings.
- Positive, can-do attitude; always willing to go the extra mile to make our content stand out or to help out a colleague.
- Independent worker and self-starter; taking initiative to manage your own time effectively and prioritise many tasks simultaneously.
- Thorough, detail-orientated: committed to producing excellent content that’s reliably error-free, in line with house style.
- Interest in coaching and inspiring others (management experience not required).
- Demonstrable interest in cultural heritage and history.
This role is in part public facing and as such a dress code is in place.
This role may require occasional out of hours and weekend working.
Full time permanent position – Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
Some out-of-hours working may be required and these will be recompensed by time in lieu.
Holiday 33 days pa including statutory holidays.
6 months probationary period.
A company pension scheme is available.
Based at Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes.
1 months’ notice either way.
BUPA wellbeing cash plan.
The Trust operates a policy of compliance with the law on grounds of non-discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, nationality or disabilities. No smoking is permitted in any offices or buildings.
Bletchley Park Trust
Telephone 01908 272679
Make a difference, be the best, value each other
Full details [external link]