Deputy Duty Officer, The Roald Dahl Museum and Story CentreLocation:The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire Salary:£16,550 per annum for 30 hours per week, 0.81 FTE (pro rata from FTE of £20,687). More hours may be available, working days to be agreed but typically would include a weekend day. Benefits:You’ll be able to take up to 22.7 days’ holiday per year, in addition to an allowance for UK bank holidays, pro rata to your hours worked (full-time holiday allowance is 28 days plus bank holidays) After successful completion of your probationary period, the Museum will make a contribution of 6% of your salary into an agreed pension scheme; Main duties:
Your working day is based on supporting the Duty Officer, but you can expect your tasks to include:
Being given the keys by the Duty Officer to unlock or lock up parts of the Museum;
• Checking that the Ticket Office, Shop, and Galleries are well presented at the start of and
during the day;
• Supporting Front of House staff to reflect on and improve their customer service at all
opportunities, including Gift Aid take up.
• Filling in Front of House rota roles ad hoc as we get busier with visitors;
• Answering the phones to take ticket bookings;
• Understanding the Provenue ticketing system and being able to trouble-shoot problems.
• Making sure that you know what activities or events are taking place on a given day, so
you can inform all staff and Café colleagues as necessary;
• Swiftly assessing any complaint received by Front of House staff and escalating to the Duty
Officer as necessary;
• Contributing to the Duty Officer’s daily report noting any arising issues throughout the day;
• Any specific stock management or merchandising tasks in the shop assigned by the Retail
& Visitor Experience Officer;
• Responding to a First Aid incident if you are the nearest trained First Aider.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic and evolving Museum Team? Can you deliver great customer service? If the answer is ‘yes’, you could be our new Deputy Duty Officer.
The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre welcomes thousands of people through our doors every year to experience the wonder and magic of Roald Dahl’s stories. To make sure we keep giving the warmest possible welcome, our Deputy Duty Officers play a key role in setting the standard for our Visitor Experience front of house team, so that all our visitors have the safest and most enjoyable time with us as possible.
As the Deputy Duty Officer, your working day is based on supporting the Duty Officer, who is the senior person in charge of site operation – retail, facilities and visitor experience – on the day. You will be keen to develop new skills and match your enthusiasms with the work of a Museum that really values and supports professional development.Full details [external link]