Casual Learning Officer, The Royal Engineers MuseumReference No.RE Museum Salary:£10 (per hour including holiday pay) Main duties:
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist with delivery of the REMLA Learning Service:
a. Delivering the Museum learning service of Inspiring Learning Sessions in an engaging and inspiring way to visitors of all ages (under 5’s EYFS to lifelong learners KS 5) within the Museum and as outreach.
b. Setting up and packing up of activities and sessions that you are delivering.
c. Notifying the Learning Manager of any materials or resources that are running low, need replacing or have become broken.
d. Assist with the creation of gallery trails, worksheets, and other non-gallery learning resources.
e. Liaising with teachers, education advisers, and other authorities to forge new partnerships.
f. Contributing to the development of the digital learning programme including the use of iPads.
2. Assist with planning and delivery of family community events:
a. Running certain learning programmes of activities for school holidays/ Museum clubs linking to temporary exhibition themes, the REMLA collection, and the handling objects and costumes.
b. Supporting events aimed at family groups, children and young people with a STEAM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Maths).
c. Support in enabling events for adults, including weekend events and evening lectures to increase access to and understanding of collections and exhibitions.
3. Assist with supervising volunteer support for educational activities, working across all areas of the Museum’s operations to embed opportunities for learning.
4. Actively promoting the Museum’s Learning Services in conjunction with the Museum’s marketing team as required.
5. Provide administration support, including filing, inputting learning/family evaluation information, producing posters, signage and other delivery resources.
6. Undertake occasional other duties as required by the Learning Manager, including giving presentations and tours both in the galleries and to outside audiences when necessary, very occasionally out of hours.
7. Acting as an ambassador for the museum in a variety of situations.
The Royal Engineers Museum, Library, and Archive (REMLA) is looking for Casual Learning Officers to support the Learning Manager in delivery and development of the Museum’s Learning programmes which include practical workshops and interactive gallery sessions.
The role requires people who are flexible and would be available to work occasional hours, including weekends, at short notice. Full training will be given. A driving licence is essential for those who wish to deliver our learning outreach service.
DBS checks will be undertaken on successful applicants.
Full details [external link]