Assistant Manager, Brighton Toy and Model MuseumLocation:52-55 Trafalgar St, Brighton. BN1 4EB Salary:£21K Main duties:
- Educated to degree level (or experience) – museums, marketing, events management, customer service focus.
- Keen interest in the heritage sector.
- Experience in volunteer/ people management. Understanding of volunteer management good practice.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Customer service experience.
- Office administration experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible confident approach with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Hands-on, leads by example.
- Have access to a vehicle and a full UK driving license.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as required.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Experience of social media marketing.
- Experience of working in a museum.
- Previous experience of collections management and cataloguing.
- Experience of using graphics software.
Brighton Toy and Model Museum is a fully accredited museum and home to a world class collection of vintage toys and models. As one of Brighton’s favourite tourist attractions it draws visitors from the UK and across the world. It is conveniently situated in Trafalgar Street beneath Brighton Railway Station. The museum has a small full time managerial team but is staffed largely by volunteers.
Candidates should be well motivated flexible, pragmatic, creative and a self-starter with a genuine interest in offering outstanding customer service and working in a heritage or museum environment.This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to take on an interesting and varied position within the museum sector.
|Reports To:||General Manager|
|Hours:||Full time, based on a 37.5 hour week, 9.30am-5.30pm, including alternate Saturdays and some evenings as required.|
|Location:||52 – 55 Trafalgar Street, Brighton|
Assists General Manager in the smooth running of the museum.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit, train, induct, manage and create monthly rotas for the Volunteer and Intern team to ensure all necessary positions are covered. This includes ensuring that the volunteer “Front of House Managers” are fully aware of all their duties and properly trained.
- Ensure that Gift Aid is requested from all Museum visitors.
- Devise and deliver events linked public engagement events for adults and children
- General admin including school bookings, monitoring stock levels and museum resources
- Devise museum information sheets, quizzes, trails as required.
- Assist with social media marketing.
- Produce newsletters for trustees, supporters, friends and sponsors.
- Assist with the museum program of regular and special events including managing evening events, setting up and clearing away, and giving volunteers lifts home.
- Ensure the cleaning rota is carried out daily and assist as necessary.
- Key holder for museum.