Admin Clerk, The Gurkha Museum TrustLocation:The Gurkha Museum, Winchester Salary:£18,000 Closing date:21/06/2019 Job Description:
Position: Administration Clerk
Organisation: The Gurkha Museum Trust
Location: Peninsula Barracks, Winchester, SO23 8TS
Salary: £18,000 p.a.
Full Time 37 Hours per week.
The Gurkha Museum an Accredited Museum that serves as a memorial to all Gurkha units that have served the British Crown for the past 200 years.
To assist with the day to day administration of the Museum which will amongst other duties involve the following:
• Manning the Museum telephone point and directing accordingly.
• Maintaining the Museum’s filing system and diary
• Assisting with organising group visits to the Museum including unit visits from the Brigade of Gurkhas and the wider British Army and from Nepalese Community Groups.
• Assisting with bookings, payments and running of lectures, lunches and other events held at the Museum.
• Maintaining duty and leave rotas for all staff.
• Dealing with the daily receipt and despatch of mail and dealing with the maintenance of stationery for use in the Museum.
• Maintaining the petty cash balance and account and liaising with the Museum Accountant over such matters.
• Providing admin support for any current or future fundraising initiatives.
• Assisting other members of staff at times of high workload or staff shortage in connection with the shop, reception, education and events.
• Proven experience in an administrative role.
• Good communication skills with the public and military personnel whether face to face or on the telephone.
• Candidates must be able to work to deadlines.
• Must be proactive and able to work without supervision.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to operate as part of a team.
• The candidate must have sound and accurate ITC skills including word processing, spreadsheets, data input and report generation.
• Must show excellent organisational abilities
• Ability to speak Nepali and Hindi.
• Current UK driving licence.