Tracking Digital Marketing – Advanced Marketing TrainingEvent Date:23 June 2021 10:00 am — 23 June 2021 12:00pm
South East Museum Development are pleased to announce a comprehensive Programme of digital marketing and audience engagement training to support museums in their reopening over the summer of 2021. The sessions have been shaped in partnership with Museum Development East Midlands and the Arts Marketing Association.
During this session you will look at how to establish your digital marketing goals and objectives. You’ll go through examples and be Introduced to tools to help achieve this. And you’ll be stepped through how to Identify and measure ROI.
What will participants gain?
• a knowledge of how to align online and offline metrics;
• how to make your paid social more cost effective;
• and how to set your own goals and objectives
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at individuals who have some experience with marketing and audience development at their museum and will be aimed beyond an introductory level. It is for staff and volunteers of East Midlands museums.
Please be prepared to attend the session with:
• a basic understanding of paid social platforms
• familiarity with key terminology
Martin Jefferies heads up the social media team at English Heritage, which looks after over 400 historic places including Stonehenge, Dover Castle and sites along Hadrian’s Wall. English Heritage’s social media channels have a combined audience of over 1.5 million. Martin’s role at English Heritage includes content production for a variety of audiences and with multiple objectives, from reach and engagement to sales and fundraising. It also includes strategic partnerships, paid social and community management. Before joining English Heritage in 2015, Martin worked in digital roles at Sky News and The Sunday Times, and started his career reading the news on local radio. When not exploring castles, museums and galleries, Martin can usually be found wandering the Cotswolds or the Lake District with his family.
Please note: this event is being run by South East Museum Development. Therefore places are only available to organisations in the South East region. By signing up to the training you agree to adhere to our terms and conditions, including completing the post session evaluation.
By booking a place on to a South East Museum Development training event, you are agreeing to the following :
- To ensure fair distribution, only one representative from each museum can book a place on this training course. Additional bookings from the same museum will go on to a reserve list. Places on this training course will be confirmed by email.
- It is a condition of receiving the training provided without charge that the evaluation form is completed by the specified deadline in the email notification, unless a paper evaluation is specifically provided on the day of the training session for completion before the end of the session.