News & Opportunities
Data Protection reform – an introduction to the GDPR for the voluntary sector
Friday 15th December 2017
Venue: NCVO Conference Suite, London
In 2018, new regulations come into force intended to give individuals greater control over how organisations use their data. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will affect how charities work with data and look after this valuable information. The new laws are more detailed and carry the potential for hefty financial penalties. We recommend you plan for this now. This course will be your first step toward becoming GDPR compliant.
This interactive course will help you understand and implement your data processing in terms of storage, access, what you do if there is a data breach and training your staff.
By the end of the day you will have:
- a full understanding of the principles and conditions of data processing and data subject rights under GDPR
- used practical tools to ensure your organisation complies with Data Protection legislation
- discussed the role and responsibility of your data controller, information asset owners and SIRO
- looked at subject access requests and how to deal with them, consent and other conditions for processing, international transfers of data and how to protect your data when using third party suppliers such as printers
- understood how to identify risk in your organisation.
NCVO members, under £5m: £195.00
NCVO members, £5m or more: £345.00
Non-members, under £5m: £280.00
Non-members, £5m or more: £495.00