News & Opportunities
Museums as Spaces for Wellbeing: 2-day free training DAY 1
Friday 26th May 2017
Day 1: Friday 26 May – The Lightbox, Woking, 10am-4pm
Day 2: Wednesday 11 October - Islington Museum, London, 11am-4pm
Are you interested in exploring how your museum could contribute to people’s health and wellbeing but are not sure where to start? Over the course of two workshops participants will gain the skills and confidence to develop their thinking about this work to support the delivery of health and wellbeing provision within their museum.
The training will help attendees to:
- overcome the barriers to working with the health sector,
- create opportunities to contact and meet with potential health and wellbeing partners,
- begin the process of thinking about your museum its spaces,
- collections and resources and how they can be utilised in this work,
- explore ways to measure impact and support organisational change.
This training is run by the National Alliance for Museums, Health and Wellbeing.