News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Exhibition Officer, Elmbridge Museum. £20,937 – 23,152 pro rata, 21 hrs pw.
Tuesday 16th May 2017
This role involves interpreting and creating new displays, exhibitions and pop up events for a wide range of audiences across the borough. The successful candidate will find creative and exciting ways of achieving this goal and contribute to our new and innovative temporary exhibition programme at existing and new locations across the Borough.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential attributes:
- Degree in history or a subject related to the Museum’s collections
- Ability interpreting history and historic collections for a wide range of audiences
- Knowledge of current best practice in curatorship, especially with regards to interpretation and intellectual access to collections
- Ability and motivation to develop links with local communities and different audiences
- Experience delivering online interpretive content
- Ability to devise and implement an inspiring programme of activities from displays to community-focused events
- Experience working with a museum database
- Knowledge and understanding of audience segmentation models and of visitor motivations
- Knowledge of museum and arts marketing practice
- Good research skills
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Clara Pereira, Museum Community Engagement Manager on 01372 474586.
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 May 2017
Interview Date: Friday 26 May 2017