News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Sustainability Project Sharing Day
28th March 2018, Kelmscott Manor, Lechlade, GL7 3HJ
Kelmscott Manor invites museums from around the area to come and find out more about their Arts Council England Resilience funded sustainability project and the Manor's plans, and to hear about what they have learnt.
In a time of political and economic uncertainty and an ever increasing demand on resources, Kelmscott Manor is looking for innovative ways to increase its profile and become more sustainable so that the Manor and its heritage will continue to attract visitors and be maintained for future generations. The day will feature talks about the project and also a talk by a professional fundraiser with a specialism in museums.
Lunch will be provided and a tour of the beautiful property will also be offered. The manor, famed for their cream teas, has been described as an 'utterly beautiful slice of heaven', and this is a day not to be missed!
Practical session: Making padded hangers
Wednesday 24th May 2017
Location: Worthing Museum, education room
The day will cover:
• Why using padded hangers is good practice
• How to decide whether to hang or box your costume
• Examination of a range of conservation grade materials for making padded hangers
• How to make a basic padded hanger - each participant will make a hanger that they can take away with them
• Basic understanding of the range of shoulder and neck shapes you will encounter
• Examination of and discussion about the variety of padded hanger shapes needed.
Please bring note book and pencil and camera (optional)
All other equipment and tools will be provided
Course notes, basic bibliography and materials/suppliers list will be provided
Lunch will be provided.
Booking is now open, please register here