News & Opportunities
Practical session: Making padded hangers
Wednesday 24th May 2017
Location: Worthing Museum, education room
The day will cover:
• Why using padded hangers is good practice
• How to decide whether to hang or box your costume
• Examination of a range of conservation grade materials for making padded hangers
• How to make a basic padded hanger - each participant will make a hanger that they can take away with them
• Basic understanding of the range of shoulder and neck shapes you will encounter
• Examination of and discussion about the variety of padded hanger shapes needed.
Please bring note book and pencil and camera (optional)
All other equipment and tools will be provided
Course notes, basic bibliography and materials/suppliers list will be provided
Lunch will be provided.
Booking is now open, please register here