News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
More speakers announced for SHOWCASE conference
The venue is Brooklands Museum and the big day is Monday 10 November. Note the date in your diary - opening for registrations soon!
As well as our superb keynote speakers Tony Butler and John Orna-Ornstein, we're delighted to confirm that the following speakers will also be taking part, presenting illuminating case studies:
- Rebecca Nash and Danielle Sellars (Royal Engineers Museum): Sustainable volunteering
- Peter Pusey (Dinosaur Isle), Alison Pattison (Godalming Museum) and Rowan Wallis (Sustainable Business Partnership CIC: Reducing energy waste and water costs and impacts
- Inbal Livne, Keiko Higashi & Sarah Brown (Powell Cotton Museum): Improving collections care
- Martin Ray (Pendon Museum): Going digital
- Jo Wiltcher (Tunbridge Museums): Museum2Museum - working with artists and sharing skills
- Lisa Gale (Coast Ed partnership) and Helen Eccles (Hampshire County Council Arts and Museums): Partnerships for audience development and learning
More speaker announcements to follow.