News & Opportunities
The Big Draw: 1st October - 2nd November 2014
The Campaign for Drawing are a national arts education charity which works to promote the importance of 'visual literacy' with children and young people. Every October they run the nationwide (and international) Big Draw festival - this time, for a second year, they are in partnership with Family Arts Campaign to provide the UK's largest Family Arts Festival.
There is also a new Andrew Marr video all about the value of visual literacy.
Reasons to get involved:
- The BBC, Mirror and Guardian plan to feature the best Big Draw events. Registration takes 1 minute and anyone can join!
- Top events win up to £1000. Make sure your event is on The Big Draw map
- Local newsletters will highlight your event. Add a map, video, images + more
- The 2014 theme is It's Our World
- Find resources to support your event
- Display artwork by young people on huge digital screens across the UK
- Reach thousands of families looking for exciting events for all generations
- 17 October - 2 November by ticking the “in Family Arts Festival” box
- Massive discounts on art materials from sponsor Faber-Castell
View the Big Draw website for full details.