News & Opportunities
The Big Draw - 1st October - 2nd November 2014
The Campaign for Drawing are a national arts education charity which works to promote the importance of 'visual literacy' with children and young people. Every October they run the nationwide (and international) Big Draw festival - this time, for a second year, they are in partnership with Family Arts Campaign to provide the UK's largest Family Arts Festival.
The new Big Draw website is live and open for registrations. It provides details for potential Big Draw event organisers of all the things they need to know and the reasons to get involved!
There is also a new Andrew Marr video all about the value of visual literacy.
Reasons to get involved:
- The BBC, Mirror and Guardian plan to feature the best Big Draw events. Registration takes 1 minute and anyone can join!
- Top events win up to £1000. Make sure your event is on The Big Draw map
- Local newsletters will highlight your event. Add a map, video, images + more
- The 2014 theme is It's Our World
- Find resources to support your event
- Display artwork by young people on huge digital screens across the UK
- Reach thousands of families looking for exciting events for all generations
- 17 October - 2 November by ticking the “in Family Arts Festival” box
- Massive discounts on art materials from sponsor Faber-Castell