News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
John Ellerman Foundation - Regional Museums and Galleries Fund (UK) - Open to Applications
Funding is available to help strengthen regional museums and galleries in the UK by helping organisations to enhance and sustain curatorial development to attract a broader public.
The Foundation is particularly interested in funding museums and galleries that plan to:
- Support new ways of working both for established curators and those just starting out
- Work in partnership with others to develop and share good practice
- Ensure that the experience from the work funded is integrated into any future plans.
The focus of the fund is on visual and decorative arts and social and natural history collections.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Excellence in their field at a national level
- National significance, usually through a unique or high quality collection
- A commitment to broadening audiences.
The budget for 2014/15 is £380,000. The Foundation expects to make about four grants for periods of two to three years.
The 2014/15 deadline for first-stage applications is 3 October 2014.