News & Opportunities
Coastal Communities - new round of funding
The next round of the Coastal Communities Fund opens in February 2014.
The Coastal Communities Fund was set up to support the economic development of UK coastal communities by awarding funding to deliver sustainable economic growth and create jobs.
The Big Lottery Fund is delivering the Coastal Communities Fund on behalf of Government.
Grants of £50,000 and over are available. The following types of organisation can apply:
- local authorities
- local enterprise partnerships
- other public sector bodies
- voluntary and community sector organisations
- social enterprises, including cooperatives and community ownership initiatives
- private sector companies.
For round three, applications are sought from fully developed projects that can spend their award by 31 December 2016.
Applications for England will close in April 2014. For further information visit the Big Lottery Fund website.