News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
The BBC wants to cover your 'Museums at Night' event
Culture24 is close to reaching an agreement with the BBC to broadcast coverage of the 2014 Museums at Night festival on national & local television, radio and online.
At this stage they are working with the BBC to plan the scope of the coverage, but it is likely that some festival events will be covered by the BBC for broadcast on BBC2 with others to be presented on a special new arts website.
Culture24 want to hear about every event that is being planned for Museums at Night but they need to know about it now! They are particularly looking for events that fulfil the following criteria:
- Has a performance, artistic or creative element
- Is visually interesting and exciting for a TV audience
- Will enable privileged access to parts of your venue or collection that are not normally open to the public
- Demonstrates how you reach out to your local community and invite contributions and participation in new and exciting ways
- Offers an example of how museums and galleries are responding to current issues the sector faces such as changing revenue models, reduced funding, the challenges of the connected world, and the drive to attract new audiences
Plus, do you have a fabulous and fascinating curator who would be engaging discussing their specialist subject on camera?
Please either register your Museums at Night event listing in the Culture24 database ASAP ...
Or email Nick or Rosie with the following info:
- Name of venue and location (town, city, village)
- Event title
- Description – no more than 100 words
- When – Thursday 15th, Friday 16th or Saturday 17th May
- Admission – free ticketed, free drop-in or pay-ticketed (if so how much)
- Your target audience: adults, families etc
- Tell us why it fits one or more of the 5 vital criteria above in no more than 100 words
- Main contact details
The sooner you send them this info the more likely it will be that the BBC can cover your event in some way.
Every year for six years, feedback from participating venues about Museums at Night has highlighted one thing – the need to raise the festival’s profile through national broadcast media. This is your opportunity to make this happen!