News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Operations Manager, Portsmouth
Friday 26th April 2019
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE ROYAL NAVY
Operations Manager – Portsmouth
Salary: £26,000-£31,000 salary band – 37.5 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is currently employed within a management role to support the General Manager to deliver an outstanding visitor experience and to contribute towards achieving key performance indicators to build future business resilience.
- Ensure all visitors are delighted and connect with our compelling stories across the Visitor Centre, NMRNP, HMS Victory, M.33, Action Stations, Pirates, HMS Warrior and the open spaces.
- Support, develop and empower the Duty Management team to deliver our strategic aims including business resilience.
- Key Health and Safety role to ensure teams deliver safe working environments for staff, volunteers, visitors, wider business partners, etc.
- Support the General Manager and to deputise in their absence.
- Work closely with Duty Managers and the Visitor Engagement Manager with the ability to make a difference to the visitor experience.
- Contribute to projects.
- Be a key influence in delivering commercial targets.
Applicants must have previous experience of leading and motivating a large team due to the size and scope of this role/level of responsibility and must enjoy working in a fast paced customer focused environment that is target driven.
An ability to prioritise tasks, effectively delegate and communicate (both verbal and written) is essential. The applicant must be able to demonstrate a passion for commercial awareness and excellent visitor care, as well as being a team player.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Molly Wilson team on 023 9272 8061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified. Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at recruitment@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 12pm on Friday 26 April 2019.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 May in Portsmouth.