News & Opportunities
Contract Opportunity: ‘My Gosport’ Freelance Project Manager, Hampshire Cultural Trust
Wednesday 18th April 2018
‘My Gosport’ is a HLF Young Roots project that gives young people from a range of backgrounds the chance to explore the heritage and stories behind Gosport’s High Street and Waterfront. The young people will be engaged in three local groups: a Primary school, a Secondary School and a Sixth Form College. They will have the chance to learn new skills in oral history, research, project management and leadership as they explore how Gosport has changed over the last 100 years and how these changes have impacted people and the community. The creative outcomes of the project will be driven and informed by the young peoples’ ideas as they work alongside heritage and cultural professionals to share their discoveries with the wider public and their peers in an engaging way.
We are looking for an inspirational project manager who has the ability to communicate with young people and with partner organisations. The ideal candidate will have a creative background, be an excellent problem solver and have the knowledge and expertise to deliver this exciting project.
- To oversee and manage all aspect of the project including
- Establishing a youth-led steering committee for the project
- Recruiting further participants
- Managing communications between all partner organisations
- Liaising with schools/ teachers
- Organising trips
- Organising and overseeing all sessions and ensuring session leaders are fully briefed where necessary
- Ordering of materials and resources
- Budget monitoring & reporting (including to HLF)
- Managing evaluations
- Managing H&S including Safeguarding & Child Protection
- Organising a showcase or celebration event
- Overseeing creation of website content
- Write final evaluation report on completion of the project
Personal Specification - Required
- At least 2 years project/event management experience
- Experience of working with young people within a creative and/or heritage context
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of managing H&S/safeguarding within a project context
- Self-motivated and ability to manage their own time.
Person Specification – Desirable
- Knowledge of working within the Culture & Heritage field
- Experience of running a Heritage Lottery Funded project
- Experience of running off-site trips for young people
- Ability to generate ideas and develop creative solutions to issues as they arise.
- Experience of working with people with a range of needs including disabilities
May 2018: Freelance Project Manager contract agreed and signed
October 2018: ‘My Gosport’ project ends
Fee and Payment Schedule
The Project Manager will be expected to work 7 days per month from May 2018-October 2018. The rate per day is £180.00 (inclusive of VAT & travel expenses).
All payments will be made upon receipt of an invoice. The payment breakdown is as follows:
Beginning Of May=£2,520
End of July=£2,520
End of October=£2,520
Rebecca Parrant (Cultural Engagement Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
023 9250 1957 (SEARCH, Gosport)
How to Respond
Please submit an application, to include the following:
CV including references
Letter of application outlining appropriate experience of delivering work related to the ‘My Gosport’ project brief
Confirmation of availability over scheduled period
Applications to be sent to: email@example.com by
Wednesday 18 April 2018 at 10am.
Interviews: Thursday 26 April 2018 held at Chilcomb House, Winchester.