News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Museum Manager, Rustington Museum
Friday 16th February 2018
Post: Museum Manager
21 hours per week (3 days), fixed term contract of 3 years
Salary within range £21,268 - £24,174 (SCP 23-27) (Pro-Rata)
Rustington Parish Council seeks to appoint a Museum Manager to lead Rustington Museum through an exciting period of change and development.
In 2018 the Museum will be moving to a new site that will co-locate the Museum with the Village Information Centre and Community Centre. Going forward there will be significant opportunities for a range of new community engagement activities, but the initial priority for the Museum Manager is to ensure that the new Museum has exhibitions that excite and engage members of the local community and visitors to the Village with the history or Rustington.
The Parish Council is looking for someone to join it:
• To lead the development of the Museum at the new location (with specific focus on developing the exhibitions and community engagement programme)
• To lead the development of associated HLF and/or ACE and/or other funding bids
• To lead the development of a robust Forward Plan for the Museum, ensuring it has a sustainable basis going forward beyond 2020
• To develop and deliver an effective Marketing Plan for the re-launch of the Museum at the new site
• To ensure the effective day to day management and co-ordination of all the Museum’s activities and programmes
• To ensure that the Museum meets Accreditation standards in all areas of organisational health, collections management, and visitor experiences: and is the Museum Professional for Accreditation purposes
• To act as the link between the Museum Sub-Committee, the volunteers, and any employed consultants.
This Accredited Museum is a joint project between Rustington Heritage Association and Rustington Parish Council.
The Museum Manager will report to the Clerk of the Parish Council and the Museum Sub-Committee.
Depending on the successful delivery of the development of the new Museum, and a robust Forward Plan, the Museum may retain a paid Museum Manager post beyond 2020; and/or adopt a project-based approach to posts; and/or move to a volunteer model.
Further details of the position, together with an Application Form, can be obtained from Carole Ward, Clerk of the Council, Rustington Parish Council, Council Offices, 34 Woodlands Avenue, Rustington, BN16 3HB, Tel: 01903 786420, Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 16 February 2018, Interviews will take place in March 2018