News & Opportunities
Voluntary Opportunity: SE Regional Coordinator for BAfM
Saturday 31st March 2018
The Regional Coordinator is not a paid post, but reasonable expenses can be claimed.
His/Her main functions are:
• To help BAfM members, Friends and Volunteers, to support their museums; galleries; heritage sites; etc:
• This S/he does by networking and arranging an area day for all their area groups to come together; • They send out newsletters updating their groups on matters pertaining to them and advertising their groups' events;
• S/he answers issues raised by their groups. S/he personally may not be able to answer a question but s/he will ask the other coordinators and Jayne, our Administrator, to offer solutions. And we have the services of a solicitor to call on.
• The Coordinator will be expected to attend the BAfM AGM which can be in any part of the Country, attend Council Meetings, normally 2 a year, and Coordinators meetings which are usually 3 in the year, 2 of which are on the same day as the Council meeting at the moment held in London but this need not be the case.
• S/he is also encouraged to network with other heritage groups within their area who are not BAfM members.
If you are interested in the post, please contact Jean Knight for a full copy of the Role Description document and an opportunity to go through the role in more detail.