News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Better Community Business Network grant initiative Term 3 deadline: August 21st 2017
Launched in September 2014, BCBN’s Grant Initiative aims to provide small third-sector grant awards to empower charities and local community projects.
This initiative will distribute a one-off grant award of up to £3,000 per charity or to small but credible community projects, which are able to demonstrate their positive impact on the communities they aim to serve.
Applicants are welcomed from groups including: local community, self-help or voluntary groups and charities (including local branches of national charities) or individuals acting for the benefit of the local community. Some of the causes we support:
- Education (e.g. schools, extra-curricular clubs)
- Health (e.g. hospitals, cancer research, healthy eating)
- Ex-Offenders (e.g mentoring, rehabilitation)
- Homeless/Poverty (e.g shelter projects, food banks)
- Arts & Culture (e.g sport activities, library funds)
- Enviroment (e.g natural disasters, regeneration projects
- Elderly (e.g befriending, social clubs
- Disability (e.g help lines, inclusion)
- Social Cohesion (e.g. committee programmes)
Term 3 deadline: August 21st 2017