News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Sustainability Project Sharing Day
28th March 2018, Kelmscott Manor, Lechlade, GL7 3HJ
Kelmscott Manor invites museums from around the area to come and find out more about their Arts Council England Resilience funded sustainability project and the Manor's plans, and to hear about what they have learnt.
In a time of political and economic uncertainty and an ever increasing demand on resources, Kelmscott Manor is looking for innovative ways to increase its profile and become more sustainable so that the Manor and its heritage will continue to attract visitors and be maintained for future generations. The day will feature talks about the project and also a talk by a professional fundraiser with a specialism in museums.
Lunch will be provided and a tour of the beautiful property will also be offered. The manor, famed for their cream teas, has been described as an 'utterly beautiful slice of heaven', and this is a day not to be missed!
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Community and Voluntary Sector Grant Award Scheme
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Community and Voluntary Sector Grant Award Scheme is now open for applications for programme grant funding, for projects that will:
- Take place between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2021.
- Continue for between one and three years.
- Require funding of up to a maximum value of £20,000 per grant, per annum.
- Deliver specific, relevant activities that respond to identified local need.
- Have monitored outcomes that will impact positively on council priorities.
- Demonstrate partnership working, including involving communities in the design and delivery of services.
Priorities for funding
Clearly defined projects which can demonstrate that they will help to build communities where people thrive and feel they belong. Funded programmes should support communities to become more resilient by delivering sustainable activities that meet identified local needs.
All programmes should support the Council Plan priorities 2016-20:
- Preparing for controlled and sustainable growth.
- Improving residents’ quality of life.
- Supporting those that need it.