News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: General Manager, King John's House, Romsey
Friday 19th May 2017
King John's House & Heritage Centre, an accredited museum in the heart of Romsey, seeks a
General Manager/Company Secretary
This post is for a full-time 5-day week, to include alternate Saturdays.
The post requires:
- Sound and comprehensive financial skills (computer-based), including forward annual budgeting, annual returns and business planning
- Good administrative and managerial skills to manage part-time staff, workers and volunteers
- Report writing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to maintain and build on Arts Council England accreditation standards
- Overview of presentation of the museum complex to the public, including provision of new displays and a lively and engaging programme for all audiences
We also expect the applicant to have a genuine interest in local history, historic buildings and museum collections, as well as an awareness and understanding of current professional standards within museums and willingness to develop curatorial skills. The museum and tea room play an important role in the local community, and the applicant would be required to maintain and develop this involvement. An awareness of external funding sources, and some successful experience in applying for funding would also would be desirable.
Salary depending on qualifications and experience, in the range of ￡20-25,000. One-year contract, with the possibility of extension.
For full JD and person specification please email email@example.com
Application should be made by letter, with CV and names and email addresses of 2 referees to: Chair of Trustees at King John's House &Tudor Cottage Trust Ltd, 13 Church Street, Romsey SO51 8BT
Closing date for applications will be 19 May 2017.
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 12 June 2017.