News & Opportunities
MA launch its ‘Mentoring for All’ scheme
Mentoring for All
Mentoring for All is a pilot mentoring scheme that will run across England and Scotland from June to November 2017.
The aim of the scheme is to make mentoring as accessible as possible, to as many people as possible. The scheme will also ensure that mentoring is not solely aligned to a formal training and development programme, but is available to all, beyond particular groups or grades.
Following extensive research, Mentoring for All is positioned within current thinking and academic research on the impact and efficacy of mentoring, and will incorporate the best aspects of different schemes from different sectors, reflecting the wants and needs of our own sector.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is:
• working, volunteering or contributing to the sector from a freelance perspective
• working in England or Scotland (there is one place available to a mentee and a mentor in Scotland)
Mentoring for All is open to anyone within the sector - there is no requirement that you are a member of the Museums Association.
What are the benefits?
• Protected time to reflect on your personal and professional development
• A safe non-judgemental space to share your challenges and be challenged
• Distance to see things from different perspectives and outlooks
• Network expansion and resilience and confidence building
All applications should be submitted by 10am on Monday 24 April 2017.
For further information and to apply visit the Mentoring for All page here.