News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Administrator, Culture 24
Job title: Administrator
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Hours: 25 hours per week (flexible by agreement)
Salary: £17,000 to £19,000 depending on experience.
This is a part time, six month contract to start immediately (or as soon as possible).
Culture24 are looking for an Administrator to join our small, dynamic team based in a lovely office in the heart of Brighton’s North Laine. You will be an intelligent self-starter with a passion to learn, excellent administration skills and a creative mind. Our team are all big fans of museums and galleries, but that doesn’t mean that you need to have studied Art History or spend every weekend visiting exhibitions. You could just as easily be excited about music, fashion or food.
The Administrator role is to ensure the smooth running of the office and support the staff team on day to day project coordination. We need someone who is able to juggle lots of different tasks at the same time and has an excellent attention to detail.
The post is offered on a part time basis for six months but there is a possibility of this becoming a permanent role in the future.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get their teeth into supporting Culture24’s work across a variety of areas – online publishing, action research projects , festival management, artists commissions and event coordination.
Our office is informal & casual. We expect people to work hard but also to enjoy their time at work. We drink a lot of tea and have a well-stocked fruit bowl.
How to apply for this role
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter saying why you want the job and how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Admin Post” by 10am on Monday 30th January.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7th February.
Culture24 encourages applications from any individual, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Find out more about Culture24 at www.WeAreCulture24.org.uk.
* Provision of administrative support to the Chief Executive, staff team and board of trustees
* Coordination, administration and delivery of tasks across a range of Culture24 projects
* Ensure the smooth running of all office systems and equipment
* Coordination of all internal company communications
* Representing Culture24 to all partners and clients in a friendly and professional way
* Office coordination and purchasing of supplies
* Dealing with all post, phone and email enquiries
* Admin support for accounting and HR
* Data collation and inputting
* Maintaining staff holiday records and absences
* Coordination of board meetings and trustee subcommittee meetings including minute taking and distribution of agendas and related papers
* Coordination of workshops, events and conferences
* Coordination of all staff conference, accommodation and travel bookings
* Coordination of staff and onsite meetings, including hospitality
* And any other “ad-hoc” duties as assigned by line manager
Person specification: Essential
* Experience of project coordination and administration
* Experience of juggling a variety of different tasks and priorities
* Excellent interpersonal skills and clear communications style
* Ability to write clearly with a good attention to detail
* Systematic approach to coordination of tasks and time management
* Ability to prioritise and manage tasks to set deadlines and agreed targets
* Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and via email
* Tech-savvy and comfortable using online communication tools
* Goal oriented and self-motivated with high energy levels
* Friendly and patient in approach to partners, colleagues and network members
* Willingness to work out of the office to support off site events
* Working knowledge of online project management tools (Basecamp, Trello etc)