News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Opportunity from Artswork - Arts Award Growth in Museums, and Heritage Organisations
Artswork, the South East Bridge, is seeking responses from Museum and Heritage organisations to bid for up to £2500 (inclusive of VAT) to extend and embed the delivery of Discover or Explore Arts Award in the SE region. Artwork are in a position to support 8 bids.
• Minimum of 150 Discover or 100 Explore Arts Awards
• Lead organisation to become an active Arts Award Centre and Supporter
• Those delivering Explore level to be trained to and able to offer progression across levels
• Minimum 6 Arts Award advisers delivering at Discover / Explore Level
• Evaluation report / case study which evidences impact and sustainability
Artswork’s investment of up to £2500 per bid will support:
• Arts Award training
• For those delivering Explore level 75% of moderations costs for a maximum of 100 children and young people
• Delivery opportunities and activities delivered by trained Arts Award advisers/volunteers. Costs can include fees and materials, but not capital expenditure
• Development of resources. (Artswork can provide guidance and advice and signpost to best practice examples)
Please see the attached brief for details of the opportunity and the application process. Then, to check your eligibility to apply, or to discuss your proposal in more detail, please contact:
Kristianne Drake, Arts Award Programme Manager: Kristianne@artswork.org.uk or 023 8033 2491.
Deadline for proposals: 10 February 2017
Decisions announced: 22 February 2017
Delivery commences from: 06 March 2017
Completion by: 26 February 2018