News & Opportunities
Hampshire Solent museums - apply for a Training Bursary
Time is running out to apply for a 2013-14 Training Bursary.
There is still some funding available, to help Hampshire Solent museums benefit from the wealth of relevant, high quality development opportunities out there for museum staff, trustees and volunteers. But this year's programme will close for applications in December and any remaining funds be redistributed to other activities. All Bursary-funded activities must be completed by 28 February 2014.
Here are a few examples of how museums have used Training Bursaries:
- A nationally-styled museum has funded a place at the Museums Association conference to give an up-and-coming young professional the opportunity to broaden her knowledge and make contacts across the museums sector.
- Two museums - one independent, one local authority - have jointly commissioned a Modes training course - as well as learning Modes skills their staff will have the opportunity to learn from each other's practice.
- An important Roman site has commissioned an expert for a 2-day in-house workshop at which staff and volunteers will learn to deliver activities about Roman food, Roman medicine and surgery and costume interpretation to families and children.
- A museum with a strong connection to Titanic funded a study visit for a member of staff to Titanic Belfast as part of a two-way programme of knowledge exchange.
- Four museums sent members of staff to an important Museums Association seminar on collections reviews.
Think of how your museum could benefit from a Training Bursary.