News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Curator, Royal Army Physical Training Corps Museum, Aldershot
Job Type: Full Time (37hrs)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (Depending on Experience)
Leave Entitlement: 25 Days + 10.5 Public and Privilege Days
Closing Date: 18 November 2016
Interview Date: 23 November 2016
- Research and interpret the museum collection to create engaging and informative permanent displays & temporary exhibitions.
- Accession and catalogue the museum collection to the SPECTRUM standard.
- Care and conserve the museum’s object and archive collection.
- Review and develop where necessary existing collection management policies, plans and procedural documentation.
- Maintain the museum’s fully accredited status with Arts Council England.
- Answer enquires and research requests, both oral and written, from members of the general public and military personnel.
- Identify and develop potential methods of generating income.
- Digitisation the museum collection and develop the museum’s online presence.
- Act a project manager for specific projects associated with the curatorial role of the museum.
- Encourage support of local and other industries and commerce for the integration of the museum into the economic and cultural life of the community.
- Representation on various meetings that are related to RAPTC Association and Museum business.
- It is desirable that you hold a relevant degree and a postgraduate museum qualification, or have proven experience of managing a museum/heritage attraction or similar customer-focused operation.
- You should have experience developing museum policies and plans, and helped a museum achieve Accreditation.
- Experience using collection management databases. Experience using PastPerfect is desirable.
- You will have proven track record of successful grant applications.
- Knowledge of the history of the RAPTC is desirable.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects and budgets, as well having an extremely strong customer and safety focus in all that you do.
- Be fully conversant with all security matters and full compliance with HSE Regulations and awareness of Equality and Diversity Regulations.
- Self-motivated and flexible in order to cover opening hours of the museum over (occasional) weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings.
- Good IT skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and oral.
- Working Together
- Improvement and Change
- Planning and Managing Resources
- Communicating and Influencing
CV with covering letter to:
Telephone No: 01252 787161 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 18 November 2016
Interviews on: 23 November 2016