News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Job Opportunity: Curator, Royal Army Physical Training Corps Museum, Aldershot
Job Type: Full Time (37hrs)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 (Depending on Experience)
Leave Entitlement: 25 Days + 10.5 Public and Privilege Days
Closing Date: 18 November 2016
Interview Date: 23 November 2016
- Research and interpret the museum collection to create engaging and informative permanent displays & temporary exhibitions.
- Accession and catalogue the museum collection to the SPECTRUM standard.
- Care and conserve the museum’s object and archive collection.
- Review and develop where necessary existing collection management policies, plans and procedural documentation.
- Maintain the museum’s fully accredited status with Arts Council England.
- Answer enquires and research requests, both oral and written, from members of the general public and military personnel.
- Identify and develop potential methods of generating income.
- Digitisation the museum collection and develop the museum’s online presence.
- Act a project manager for specific projects associated with the curatorial role of the museum.
- Encourage support of local and other industries and commerce for the integration of the museum into the economic and cultural life of the community.
- Representation on various meetings that are related to RAPTC Association and Museum business.
- It is desirable that you hold a relevant degree and a postgraduate museum qualification, or have proven experience of managing a museum/heritage attraction or similar customer-focused operation.
- You should have experience developing museum policies and plans, and helped a museum achieve Accreditation.
- Experience using collection management databases. Experience using PastPerfect is desirable.
- You will have proven track record of successful grant applications.
- Knowledge of the history of the RAPTC is desirable.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of managing projects and budgets, as well having an extremely strong customer and safety focus in all that you do.
- Be fully conversant with all security matters and full compliance with HSE Regulations and awareness of Equality and Diversity Regulations.
- Self-motivated and flexible in order to cover opening hours of the museum over (occasional) weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings.
- Good IT skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and oral.
- Working Together
- Improvement and Change
- Planning and Managing Resources
- Communicating and Influencing
CV with covering letter to:
Telephone No: 01252 787161 or Email: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 18 November 2016
Interviews on: 23 November 2016