News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Museum Coordinator, East Grinstead Museum, West Sussex
Job Title: Museum Coordinator
Location: East Grinstead Museum
Responsible to: Trustees
Line manager: Chairman
Responsible for: Volunteers
Hours: 18 hours per week - with some flexiblity (Wednesday - Friday, 6 hours per day)
Wage: £16,500pa (pro-rata) + holiday and benefits
To apply: Apply to Lloyd Richards, Chairman of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing CV and letter of application.
Closing date: 31 October 2016.
The Museum Officer will be responsible for the day-to- day running of the Museum including administration, front of house and the supervision of volunteers.
- To manage the Museum’s facilities and ensure that they are maintained to a high standard of safety, security, access and presentation
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of operational tasks associated with Museum events and activities andm group visits
- To work with the Trustees to co-ordinate and support the volunteer stewards
- To recruit and induct new volunteers as required
- To liaise with the Learning & Outreach Officer as required
- To respond to enquiries relating to the Museum and its collections
- To liaise with external contractors on general building and maintenance issues
- To promote the Museum through social media and on our website
- To undertake training as required
- To ensure that all operations are undertaken in accordance with the standards of Health & Safety, including the undertaking of risk assessments where appropriate
DBS Clearance is required. The Museum Officer is required to comply with individual responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and any person who may be affected by your acts of omissions at work.