News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Sustainability Project Sharing Day
28th March 2018, Kelmscott Manor, Lechlade, GL7 3HJ
Kelmscott Manor invites museums from around the area to come and find out more about their Arts Council England Resilience funded sustainability project and the Manor's plans, and to hear about what they have learnt.
In a time of political and economic uncertainty and an ever increasing demand on resources, Kelmscott Manor is looking for innovative ways to increase its profile and become more sustainable so that the Manor and its heritage will continue to attract visitors and be maintained for future generations. The day will feature talks about the project and also a talk by a professional fundraiser with a specialism in museums.
Lunch will be provided and a tour of the beautiful property will also be offered. The manor, famed for their cream teas, has been described as an 'utterly beautiful slice of heaven', and this is a day not to be missed!
Job Opportunity: Effective Collections Project Officer,Elmbridge Museum, Esher. Fixed term (6 months), 28 hours pw,
Effective Collections Project Officer
28 hours per week, Fixed Term – 6 months
Salary: £25,847 pro rata
Elmbridge Museum is looking for an experienced Collections Project Officer to deliver this six month Effective Collections project that is part-funded by a Development Grant from the South East Museum Development Programme, supported using public funding by Arts Council England. The project aims to re-establish the status of and provide access to already identified Elmbridge Museum artefacts, by transfer or disposal to handling collections, or more appropriate museums or institutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential attributes:
- Museum professional qualification or knowledge developed through experience
- Knowledge of legal, ethical and professional frameworks for disposals
- Demonstrated experience of working in a Museum or Heritage service
- Ability to work on own initiative, and prioritise workload
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of operating collections management systems, preferably EMu, and Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
- Hold a current driving licence and have access to a suitable vehicle for use at work
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Sue Webber, Collections Officer on 01372 474588.
Closing Date: 6th October at midday
Interview Date: 19th October