News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Job Opportunity: Effective Collections Project Officer,Elmbridge Museum, Esher. Fixed term (6 months), 28 hours pw,
Effective Collections Project Officer
28 hours per week, Fixed Term – 6 months
Salary: £25,847 pro rata
Elmbridge Museum is looking for an experienced Collections Project Officer to deliver this six month Effective Collections project that is part-funded by a Development Grant from the South East Museum Development Programme, supported using public funding by Arts Council England. The project aims to re-establish the status of and provide access to already identified Elmbridge Museum artefacts, by transfer or disposal to handling collections, or more appropriate museums or institutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential attributes:
- Museum professional qualification or knowledge developed through experience
- Knowledge of legal, ethical and professional frameworks for disposals
- Demonstrated experience of working in a Museum or Heritage service
- Ability to work on own initiative, and prioritise workload
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of operating collections management systems, preferably EMu, and Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
- Hold a current driving licence and have access to a suitable vehicle for use at work
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Sue Webber, Collections Officer on 01372 474588.
Closing Date: 6th October at midday
Interview Date: 19th October