News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity: Effective Collections Project Officer,Elmbridge Museum, Esher. Fixed term (6 months), 28 hours pw,,
Effective Collections Project Officer
28 hours per week, Fixed Term – 6 months
Salary: £25,847 – £27,490 pro rata
Elmbridge Museum is looking for an experienced Collections Project Officer to deliver this six month Effective Collections project that is part-funded by a Development Grant from the South East Museum Development Programme, supported using public funding by Arts Council England. The project aims to re-establish the status of and provide access to already identified Elmbridge Museum artefacts, by transfer or disposal to handling collections, or more appropriate museums or institutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential attributes:
- Museum professional qualification or knowledge developed through experience
- Knowledge of legal, ethical and professional frameworks for disposals
- Demonstrated experience of working in a Museum or Heritage service
- Ability to work on own initiative, and prioritise workload
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of operating collections management systems, preferably EMu, and Microsoft packages including Outlook, Excel, Access and Word
- Hold a current driving licence and have access to a suitable vehicle for use at work
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Sue Webber, Collections Officer on 01372 474588.
Closing Date: Thursday 18 August at midday
Interview Date: Thursday 1st September