News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Basingstoke and Deane Leisure Initiatives Fund
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council's Leisure Initiatives Fund is designed to help organisations of any kind to contribute to the overall provision of leisure in the borough. Funds can be used to provide opportunities for all people to enjoy a chosen activity, regardless of where they live in the borough. Examples of how this might be achieved include:
- Introducing new activities
- Developing audiences and venues
- Encouraging collaboration between amateur and professional organisations
- Promoting links with Basingstoke and Deane's twin towns of Alençon, Braine-l’Alleud and Euskirchen
- Working with target groups by training volunteers
- Funding towards start-up costs for new groups
A grant may also be awarded for equipment, provided that:
- It will enable an organisation to undertake leisure development work that it could not otherwise undertake
- The equipment purchased is available for use by more than one organisation