News & Opportunities
Job Opportunity:Museum Community Engagement Manager, Elmbridge, Surrey
Museum Community Engagement Manager
36 hours per week. Fixed Term – 3 Years
Salary: £27,966 – £32,286 pa
This is an exciting time for Elmbridge Museum. We are looking for an experienced and innovative manager to deliver and develop our ‘Museum without walls’ Service; focusing on making the collections more accessible to the local community and bringing the history of the Borough to life.
The successful candidate will find creative and exciting ways of achieving this goal and contribute to our new and innovative temporary exhibition programme at existing and new locations across the Borough; a revitalised learning and outreach programme; new website and preservation over 40,000 objects and archives for the Borough.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential attributes:
- ability to be innovative and creative in the delivery of services and strategies and be able to ‘think outside the box’.
- qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- professional museum qualification or equivalent
- Experience in a Museum service, Heritage or Community Arts Service
- Experience in managing compliance with sector standards
- project management experience
- previous experience in managing staff
- experience in management of budgets
- experience in preparing funding applications
- ability to work on own or as part of team
- effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- analytical skills and ability to evaluate performance against indicators
For an informal conversation about the post, please contact Liz Taylor, Leisure Facilities Manager on 01372 474580. Previous applicants for the Museum Manager post need not apply.
Elmbridge Museum is based at Elmbridge Borough Council’s Civic Centre offices in Esher.
Closing Date: 27 May 2016 at Midday