News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Job Vacancy: Head Warden, Museum of Army Flying
The Museum is looking to recruit a Head Warden. This role involves working 6 or 7 days a month including some evenings and weekends.
- Supervision of the Warden team, including arranging cover for museum opening hours and events.
- Opening up and closing down of the museum premises.
- Assisting members of the public as needed.
- Ensuring the museum site and buildings are secure.
- Gardening and litter picking in the museum grounds.
- Post and bank runs.
- Light maintenance duties.
- Assistance with corporate events.
A flexible, organised approach to work is required. To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date is 6th May 2016.