News & Opportunities
Job Vacancy: Manager of The Royal Logistic Corps (RLC) Museum. Salary £35,000.
Requirement. A motivational and dynamic manager is required to lead a small team, to manage an established military museum, prepare and plan for a move to a new site at Worthy Down near Winchester in 2019 and successfully develop the new museum and its exhibitions.
The Museum’s mission is to enable members of The RLC, wider Corps family and the public to better understand logistic support to the British Army and its impact on operations and society, past, present and future. The vision is to become a modern museum that is a welcoming, inspirational and innovative destination for all visitors as well as a centre of excellence in research, curatorship, conservation and learning.
- Direction and management of the museum and its budget.
- Leadership and management of museum staff, their professional and personal development.
- Preparation for and implementation of the re-location and articulating the future vision to stakeholders and audiences..
- Developing, the new museum and its exhibitions.
- Implementing the museum’s forward plan, action plan and other museum policies.
- Security of the museum, its artefacts and archives.
- Health and safety and related regulations for the museum and its staff.
Experience. It is essential that applicants have proven management experience and a real enthusiasm for delivering the vision of the museum and reaching new audiences; plus demonstrable experience of liaising with stakeholders, and of IT and communications skills. Experience of museum and exhibition development is highly desirable; a museum qualification and understanding of military history, particularly of The RLC and its predecessors are desirable but not essential.
The appointment is available immediately. Applications in writing to Regimental Secretary, RHQ The RLC, The Princess Royal Barracks, Deepcut, Camberley, Surrey GU16 6RW (Satnav: GU16 6SQ) or at email@example.com by 12th May 2016. Interviews week 16 May 2016.. For job description and further information please email or call 01252 833593.