News & Opportunities
Are you ready for Dementia Awareness Week?
This year's Dementia Awareness Week, 15 – 21 May, will encourage people who are worried about dementia to confront their worries by addressing dementia directly and coming to Alzheimer's Society for information and support.
Dementia can be scary and many people don't know where to turn, but Alzheimer's Society is there for anyone affected and there are lots of ways we can help.
Get involved in the Week
- If you'd like to support the Week, there are lots of ways to get involved to help raise awareness:
- Order free posters, flyers and booklets and display them in your local community. To order materials, complete the DAW order form and email it to email@example.com
- Attend your nearest event – hundreds of awareness-raising and fundraising events will be taking place in communities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Stay tuned to find out where your nearest will be. Or why not organise your own fundraising event or run a Dementia Friends session?
- Visit the Dementia Awareness Week page from 15 May when they’ll be urging everyone to confront dementia and share their own experiences, feelings or concerns to build momentum and dialogue and show those who are worried that they’re not alone.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the latest information about the Week. #DAW2016
- Download Dementia Awareness Week posters and flyers by clicking here.
Dementia Awareness Week is an important opportunity for us to increase understanding of dementia, raise awareness of the Society and how we support people, and raise funds in local communities. It is only thanks to everyone getting involved, that Dementia Awareness Week is such a success and we are very grateful for your support.