News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Government launches strategy to help ensure the arts, culture and heritage are open to all
- The Culture White Paper is the first strategy for arts and culture in more than 50 years.
- Includes new expectation from Government that all publicly-funded arts organisations must increase access for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Thousands of children from poorer families to benefit from new cultural scheme giving them behind-the-scenes access to the arts
- Great Place scheme will put culture at the centre of local decision-making
- Reviews of Museums, Arts Council England and Heritage Lottery Fund to begin
All arts organisations that receive public money must show they are reaching out and increasing access for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to help find the stars of tomorrow and open arts and culture up for all, Culture Minister Ed Vaizey announced today.
The move is part of a groundbreaking Culture White Paper published by the Government today. It is the first comprehensive Government strategy for the sector in more than fifty years and aims to boost access to arts, heritage and culture to help improve social mobility and increase life chances across the country.
The Culture White Paper sets out an expectation for the first time that every Government-funded museum, theatre, gallery, opera house and arts group should reach out to everyone, regardless of their background. Arts Council England will regularly report to Government on the progress being made.
For more information visit the DCMS website