News & Opportunities
Museums + Heritage Awards for Excellence 2016 - shortlist announced
The deadline for the 2016 Museums + Heritage Awards for Excellence has now passed, and they received record breaking entries! The hundreds of entries have now been whittled down to a shortlist.
Congratulations to the South East nominations:
- The Novium Museum
- Oxford University Museum of Natural History
- Grant Museum of Zoology, UCL
The categories for the 2016 Awards cover all major aspects of the museums, galleries and heritage attractions sector and are detailed below:
- Fundraisers of the Year
- Volunteers of the Year Award in partnership with AIM
- Customer Service sponsored by BDRC Continental
- Marketing Campaign sponsored by Volunteer Makers
- Permanent Exhibition sponsored by Martello Media
- Temporary or Touring Exhibition sponsored by Guardian Glass
- Educational Initiative
- Project on a Limited Budget
- Innovation sponsored by ay-pe
- Trading + Enterprise
- International Award
- Restoration or Conservation sponsored by Rochester Bridge Trust
The Awards Ceremony
Comedian Marcus Brigstocke will again present the 2016 Museums + Heritage Awards for Excellence on Wednesday 18 May in the Historic Staterooms of 8 Northumberland Avenue. The irrepressible stand-up star, a regular on TV, radio and the stage, will be tickling the fancy of over 300 sector professionals to celebrate the impressive achievements of museums and heritage attractions across the UK and internationally.
The celebrations will continue into the small hours at our After Awards Party sponsored by BECK! Awards ceremony guests are invited to stay on at an ultimate industry networking event and enjoy a few drinks in the sophisticated surroundings of 8 Northumberland. The whole evening promises to be the perfect blend of celebration, glitz, glamour and business networking too!