News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
A note from 'Heritage Insider' about their workshop tour
"We haven’t done it for a while, but we’re back on tour starting in May. Heritage Insider are travelling up the spine of the country through to September delivering our super new workshops and some of the old favourites too.
We are hoping to see lots of new faces from the sector and really keep our ear to ground with what is happening in your local area.
We are looking for your staff, your volunteers, yourself to come along and refresh your training for 2016.
Get booked in now and we can invoice you before the start of the new financial year.
Have a look at what we’re bringing to the table:
- Evaluation boot camp A new workshop for 2016. The next step for people looking to improve their research and evaluation skills.
- HLF activity plan surgery This small workshop is focussed on activity planning, not the whole grant bid, at round one or two development stages and is suitable for organisations developing their own activity plan or looking to commission a consultant to develop it.
- Interpretation for beginners/master class A guide to creating or commissioning interpretation, how to plan it and the range of techniques available.
- Guided walks and talks master class When is a guided walk not a guided walk? This workshop will show you how to boost your guided walks and talks with stellar results.
- Perky panels Improving interpretation panels, making them more engaging, more effective, reviewing them to ensure they are suitable to the audience.
- Trails that kick ass Got a trail on your ‘to do’ list? Want to develop one or improve what you’ve already got? This workshop shows you the best and worst, so you can develop your own ‘kick ass’ trail.
Our fabulous hosts so far are;
- Nene Park Trust, Peterborough
- Bestwood House, Nottingham
- Winterbourne House, Birmingham
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- Seabird Centre, North Berwick
Places are guaranteed to sell out, so make sure to secure your place as soon as you can. The tour is going to be super fun, fairly rigorous and hands on too, our usual style!